Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Count Your Blessings

Well I know I already made one post today but I felt I really needed to write down what happened today. So here it goes...I got in late last night from California and stayed the night at my grandmas house. I had to stop at my house on th eway to school to pick up my backpack, I stopped in got the backpack and turned on the heater so it wouldn't be so cold when I got home from school. As I walked up the stairs to my apt (5 hrs later) I had this impression to remember how the house smelled when I walked in. I opened up the door and noticed a weird smell, kinda like natural gas. I have smelt it before but it was different this time. I called Chad and told him, and that I was going to call the gas company just to ease my mind. A half hour later the "gas man" came and as he walked into my apartment his Carbon monoxide detector started beeping SUPER fast! He had me open up all the windows and door, and then step out of the apartment as he took a read of the carbon monoxide. He said that most homes have 0-1parts per million of CO and homes are considered safe until they get upto 10parts per million, well our apartment had 220parts per million!!! I told the "gas man" that I was tired from school and wanted to take a nap but felt I should call right away, he said that if I would have waited I quite possibly would not have woken up from that nap. Him saying that really shook me up. It made me realize Heavenly Father watches out for us, that he knows when we are in danger and will help us if we are in tune to the Spirit.

As I called to tell my mom about this she began to cry. Little did I know that earlier on in the day she had an uneasy feeling about me that bothered her. She stopped and prayed that I would be ok and watched over. I am so grateful for my mother who too had an impression that she followed today. This reaffirms my belief that Heavenly Father knows each of his children, I think about all that goes on in everyones life, and he had time to help watch over mine.

4 comments:

Erica said...

What a crazy experience. I am glad you both had those promptings. That is scary. Carbon Monoxide is so scary because usually you can't smell it or anything. I'm glad you didn't take a nap!

Kayley said...

oh my gosh this gave me goosebumps! I'm glad you're still alive :)

kristivon said...

Wow, Whitney! I'm so glad you are ok. That is really scary. That happened to us in the apartment we used to live in. Thank goodness you followed your promptings.

Ty and Kenz said...

Whitney I am so glad I found your blog. I was wondering if you had one and found it on Jamie and Leos, I hope you dont mind. I have a blog too, its private so just email me and I will add you. sweetswan03@hotmail.com We miss you guys, and I am so glad you are safe how scarry.