Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Trip to Oklahoma

My trip to Oklahoma was so much fun!!! It was really nice to spend time with Chad again. He picked me up from the airport and it was so good to see him, we always talk on the phone but it is so much better to be with him in person. The first day that I got there I went out knocking with Chad, it was fun to go and see what he does all day, we talked with some pretty interesting people, it was funny to see how older people just love to talk, not too interested in the product more in just a listening ear. But after that day of knocking we decided just to enjoy the rest of the weekend. On Friday we went out to Bricktown, which is downtown OKC, first to a baseball game and then to this amazing Mexican restaurant called Chilenas. (Sorry for the blurry picture)
After we walked around the canal downtown we decided to go look for the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial. We found it around 11 0'clock at night and it was so neat. When you first get up to the museum there is a chainlinked fence that is covered with memorabila of those who were killed in the bombing. This fence was put up to keep people out of the sight, not intended to become part of the memorial, but it is so powerful they decided to leave it there. While we were walking around we met this older lady who lost her daughter that day, she was there that night to feel close to her daughter.

On Saturday we went with the guys Chad works with to the Art Fair. I love fair food, my favorite is the corn!!!! I have been known to eat more than one per fair! One of the things that is so different about Oklahoma is how windy it is. My hair was a mess the whole time I was there. The weather was really nice most of the time (besides the wind).


Me and Chad at the fair, with downtown OKC in the background!

Of course we had to watch the Laker game together! I brought out both of our Jerseys so we could wear them out that night as we watched the game. Oklahomans are much nicer than Utahns when we wore our jerseys.

I got home last Monday, it was sad to leave him of course but luckily I had a fun trip planned to St. George just two days after I got home. I went with my sister-in-law Kristi, and her two kids. IT was a nice relaxing trip, we laid out at the pool, went out to eat, shopped and watched movies. Nothing better than being in warm weather!!!


2 comments:

Erica said...

Glad you had a good time! And there were things to see. OK could be very interesting to visit. Hope he got more sells while you were there otherwise never do that again! Not fun...in my opinion. But I'm sure you didn't care you just wanted to spend time with him. Looks like a fun trip to SG too!

Cody & Brittany Hawkes said...

WHIT! haha i just read your comment about our "baby cruz"...haha and i thought it was hilarious! i didn't even think that people would think that...i guess i should change the title! I am not prego tho, but we are loving life and i hope all is well with you and chad...looks like you had a fun trip to oklahoma! wow- well i miss ya girl and will talk to ya sooN! xoxo take care