Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Nail Polish, a Booming Industry

 

My morning routine at work usually consists of doing some blog hopping, read Yahoo's top stories, check the local news, oh and work :) This morning I found this article about the Nail Polish Trend. They said that the nail polish industry has boomed, and is a recession-proof as their sales are on the rise. One of the big reasons is because women are foregoing their professional manicures/pedicures to save money. I gave up getting pedicures about two years ago because the sand takes all the shine off my polish and didn't want to pay for a pedicure and then have it look old and dull after a few days. So it was either give up beach volleyball or give up pedicures :)

But i have found that it is rewarding doing your own nails. I love coming up with new designs, trying new colors, and being creative in my own little way.

Do you still go and get pedicures/manicures or do you do it yourself?
What are your favorite Nail Trends?

1 comment:

Aunie said...

Not sure if you've seen it... but you might like my blog No Naked Nails. Love the graphic in this post!