Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day

I had imagined my Labor Day different from every other Labor Day I have had. I didn't picture myself out at the beach, having a b-b-q, enjoying Fiesta Hermosa. I had pictured myself in the hospital, actually LABORING, holding my new baby boy and being more in love than I ever thought I could. Well, baby boy decided not to make an appearance, so Labor Day Weekend was just as I thought it wouldn't be (which still turned out to be a lot of fun).

My sister Alyssa flew in on Thursday and we spent Thursday and Friday down in Hermosa. Chad took her out paddle boarding, we laid out and even swam in the ocean a few times. On Friday night we went shopping and had dinner down at 3rd St. Promenade in Santa Monica. At the end of the night Alyssa had me running up the stairs to our parking spot and jogging in the parking structure...still no baby.

Saturday we went to Seal Beach with the Wilson side of my family. I was able to catch up with so many of my aunts, uncles and cousins. I can't believe how grown up my cousins are getting! We then went and had dinner at my Aunt Laura's home and I even got a massage from my Aunt April! Still no baby.

Sunday I taught in Young Women's (waited to do my lesson till the morning of thinking I just might have the baby), took a nap and had a b-b-q over with Chad's parents. Still no baby.

Monday we headed to Fiesta Hermosa with our friends Maddy and Eric and Catherine and Brad. Chad's parents also joined us for a little bit and got us a cute "Due Date" Gift. We love going down there to walk Hermosa Ave and see what hidden treasure that we can find this year, and how greasy our food will be. We ended up getting a picture of the Hermosa Pier for our living room and love it! After being out there for 5 hours...still no baby!

So to sum up Labor Day Weekend, it was a blast, just not as I had envisioned it this year. Baby boy is still cooking inside and must be pretty comfortable, at least one of us is :)



6 comments:

Von BlackFoot said...

Can't wait to see this BayBEE!

Nikki Yorgason said...

He is going to be the cutest baby! I'm so happy for you! Hang in there, girl!

Anonymous said...

So unbelievably excited for you to be a mom!!! and hold this cute baby!!!

Unknown said...

It must be torture just waiting. I hope I don't go through that. You look cute, though, and all baby bump, if that makes you feel any better! (I know that doesn't really make me feel better when people tell me that, since I still feel like a bigger version of me swallowed the me I used to know, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. :)

Hope you get to meet your little boy soon!

Erica said...

That picture of you after or before church is so cute! Such a cute tiny belly! Hang in there! He'll be here before you know it. Enjoy the last bits of quiet!

Kayley said...

Gosh! Running up and down stairs did it for me- sorry it didn't work for you! Hurry up, little man!