One of my favorite things about October is Candy Corn. My mother in law has this cute candy corn dish that inspired this nail design. This was the toughest one I have done, and to be honest it looks better from a distance. When you get up close and personal, you can see all the little mistakes. I free handed using my left hand and then used tape as a guide for my left hand. Here are the steps I did. Let me know if you try it and find an easier way.
1. Paint Nails white (paint the whole nail white, I did half and it showed through only 1/2)
2. Let each color completely dry, you can speed up the process by using a hair dryer
3. Cut the tape with a slight roundness to it and tape off the white section (as if you were doing a french manicure)
4. Apply 2 coats of Orange polish, remove tape promptly and let completely dry
5. Tape halfway down the orange section using the same piece of tape so that the curve is the same on each nail, and apply yellow polish.
6. Remove tape and let completely dry.
7. Apply a top coat
This was a fun Halloween design, I think I am going to try it again using white, gold and silver.
What color combos do you think would look good?
Do you have any other Halloween Nail Ideas?