Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where Were You When The World Stop Turning That September Day?

I love this song by Alan Jackson, it brings out so many emotions that I am sure we all felt that day. I was a Freshman in High School, I heard from a kid in my Seminary class that the Trade Center had been hit, I was pretty ignorant and didn't even know what the Trade Centers were. By the time I started school, I realized this was a big deal. All we did at school that day was watch the news and talk about why and what had happened. Towards the middle of the day the name "Bin Laden" was circulating around, and that this was a terrorist attack.

I remember my parents and teachers aying that this is a day we will always remember what we were doing when the World Trade Centers were hit. And 10 years ago, I can still remember that day vividly.

Although I did not know anyone personally who was there that day, I still felt a great deal of sorrow today as I watched numerous television tributes to those that were there, who lost their lives, who saved others lives, who are still struggling with what they experienced and witnessed that day.

As I was in church today we sang America the Beautiful, my eyes filled with tears at the thought of all those who lost their lives that day, as well as the soldiers who have fought for our country. What I can do to show my gratitude and appreciation is to be a good citizen, serve others in my community, and show love to those around me.

No comments: